This position is responsible for helping our wholesale customers become more successful through creating a great experience every time they interact with us. The work involves prospecting new wholesale sales accounts and further developing relationships with existing accounts by demonstrating product expertise and selling skills aimed at helping customers choose the best plant materials and landscape supply products to meet their client’s needs.
This position works with a team of dedicated professionals who all do their parts to create a positive customer experience that will support this position’s efforts.
- Manage list of market share accounts through timely and accurately responding to their needs on a daily basis
- Prospect new business according to direction of the Wholesale Sales Director so that we can meet growth-oriented goals
- Meet with customer onsite to help them make best decisions and locate plants and products they need to complete their projects
- Meet with customer offsite as needed to offer additional help that best meets the needs and challenges of their projects
- Work closely with buyers and become familiar with our vendor’s supply lists in order to accurately service customer needs in a timely manner
- Be a strong team player and work within the systems of our company in order to fulfill orders seamlessly and on time
- Support other members of the team by assisting with stocking and maintenance tasks around the yard as needed and as directed by management.
- Constantly challenge yourself to learn more about the products we carry and the features and benefits they offer to our customers. Participate with training sessions we offer and those from outside our company to constantly be learning more
- Keep personal workspace and commercial sales office clean, organized and presentable at all times
Horticulture industry or Nursery sales background
General Horticulture knowledge, MCH or MCLP certification a plus
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Telephone prospecting and networking skills
Ability to handle sales objectives and close the sale
Respect for other people and support for company’s systems and procedures they rely on
Negotiation and problem solving skills
Patience and the ability to adapt to change