Title: Irrigation Specialist – YSP I/II
Reports to: Operations Manager – Weston Wholesale
Weston Nurseries is seeking a person who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day irrigation requirements of a 26-acre nursery yard. Includes but is not limited to setting up both drip and overhead irrigation. Includes setting timers as well as manual watering requirements as needed by plant materials. Position requires a team player that interacts well with our diverse team and our customers.
- Watering as needed / drip irrigation maintenance.
- General cleaning and maintenance of the irrigation room.
- Repairing and replacing irrigation pipes and fittings as needed
- Support all other sales and operational activities.
- Working with yard staff to meet water requirements of incoming plant materials.
- Periodic schedule adjustments and changes to water as needed.
- Regular maintenance of all filtration devices.
- Stand up all fallen over plant material.
- General nursery plant health care functions.
Requirements – Education:
- High school education or GED
Requirements – Skills:
- Some experience with irrigation and or plumbing/ irrigation clock/zone valve/battery timer/hose repair.
- Understands agricultural or turf irrigation in ground/above ground.
- Bilingual ability a plus.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varied weather conditions.
- Be able to lift 75 lbs without assistance throughout the workday.
- Strong common sense with regards to working around machines and trucks.
- Be able to receive and follow through on complex tasks.
- Be able to multitask, prioritize and ask for help when needed.
Requirements – Personal:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation to and from work on scheduled workdays.
- Ability to work overtime if required and work on weekends in season.
- Work in adverse weather conditions.
- Be a team player and interact well with people of all back grounds.
- Must be likeable and people friendly.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Weston Nurseries does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state and local law.