· Answer incoming calls and direct them where needed.
· Greet every “Walk-In” customer with a positive welcoming approach
· Manage phone calls so all are answered in three rings or less, phone is picked up others when necessary (multiple callers, breaks, etc.)
· Enter new or pull up existing open orders in the POS System.
· Enter other Ship Via orders (Pick ups, Deliveries, etc.) from phone callers and for other sales staff.
· Cashier responsibilities of invoicing– taking payments (cash, check, credit card, account)
· Match up customer with yard sales personnel as they check in toward the customers needs.
· Support transfer process between all stores
· Make sure customers have been appropriately checked out by sales staff or loading staff so that what leaves yard is accurate.
· Work & communicate with loaders/yard staff to assist customers for a quick “Load & Go” for pick up (product that is in the yard or product that is already gathered in the call area).
· Keep common area, showroom and counter clean and presentable.
· Support Daily Shipping Manifest for “outbound” deliveries.
· Hand out current information to customers such as promotions, warranties, specials, etc.
· Positive Customer Relations first & foremost
· Work with or load customers when needed
· Support all merchandising, signage and showroom seasonal layout & set-up
· Follow up phone calls, deliveries, surveys etc.
· Preferred knowledge of Greengoods (Trees/Shrubs/Perennials) or will train as needed.
· Preferred knowledge on Turf products, Contractor Tools & Hardscapes or will train as needed.
· Preferred Forklift experience or will train
· Ready for fast-paced multi task environment
· Willingness to work additional weekday hours & Saturday Mornings in Spring & Fall
· Candidate should be an outgoing, friendly person who is easy to get along with and who can put up with the ebb and flows of the seasonal traffic.
· Candidate should be able to handle situations where customers are upset and work things through to arrive at best solution, and a solve problem independently or know when to seek a manager for assistance.
· Should be able to lift 50lbs or greater
· Willingness to work in all weather conditions