Weston nurseries is looking for a motivated candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit to help grow our company’s bulk materials business in Hopkinton. The business is well known in the area for taking in yard debris and for selling topsoil, compost, mulch and sand & gravel materials. We are looking to expand into new opportunities such as additional bulk mixes, bagged products, etc. This supervisor position will be responsible for directing a small staff to operate and manufacture our high-quality products in an efficient and safe manner.
- Responsible for the production of quality products through monitoring the cleanliness of various yard debris coming in and the processing of our materials into a finished product.
- Set prices that we charge for tip fees and for finished product sales to both the wholesale and retail customer base.
- Ensure our customers have a great experience every time they interact with us and that they thoroughly understand the expectations we have for the materials they bring us.
- Oversee equipment operator and all equipment operations as a pertains to processing incoming yard waste, moving/stockpiling, screening and grinding our materials. This includes hiring outside contractors and overseeing their productivity while on site.
- Oversee office administrator and all admin. activities that include accurate measures of debris coming in, POS activity utilizing company sales software, and coordinating deliveries on a daily basis to our retail and wholesale customers.
- Work with Our landscape services manager and planting cruise to make sure they interact appropriately with the bulk material yard operations.
- Work with management team in order to coordinate daily sales activity originating from other departments as well as marketing and promotional activities throughout the year.
- Conduct regular safety meetings with staff so that facility operations are routinely conducted in a safe and healthy manner.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of composting and attributes of healthy soil products
- Ability to operate heavy equipment (front end loaders, articulating loaders)
- Entrepreneurial spirit along with being Team player
- Mechanical knowledge is a plus