Planting Service Consultant
Reports to Lead Designer/Educator
Success in this position is based on being able to manage a high volume of customers on an annual basis who select Weston Nurseries as a trusted and professional company to handle their plant installation projects. To succeed in this role, the Planting Service Consultant needs to thoroughly understand the company’s internal systems and processes regarding our inventory/order entry system, administrative work, and operations/order fulfillment. Planting Service Consultant will be successful if they can sell/inspire, create/present (typically not a formal design), project-manage with crews and customers, and develop an overall sense of trust with each client.
- Sales. Selling is ever-present in this role. As with any well-run business, interacting with the client in an energetic and enthusiastic manner shows them that we love what we do and want to bring them the best results. Through the interactions with your clients, develop trust and confidence with you and the company with every client so that they know they made a good choice to work with us. Once a trustworthy relationship is built with clients, ask for feedback and referrals, and maintain a pattern of following up or keep the door open for them to follow up with you if issues or needs arise.
- Work with Planting Service Administrator to organize and schedule at-home, in-house, and virtual consultations with clients to understand client’s goals and concerns.
- Handle multiple clients per week and produce estimates within company timeline expectations.
- Produce accurate and quality estimates/inspiration boards/designs (if needed) in a timely and professional manner. Provide a high level of engagement supported by the quality of the initial rapport, presentation, and subsequent follow up communication.
- Once deposit is obtained and job is scheduled, communicate regularly with support staff (expeditor/buyer and operations staff) in our garden center and customer to orchestrate fulfillment of order. Make changes to orders as necessary to keep the project on schedule.
- Project-manage on site on the day project is taking place to continue the relationship with client right through until the project is finished. This involves being there for the set up and interacting with crews and customers throughout the installation as needed to make sure the project is completed to expectations and to the highest standards.
Everyday Tasks in a Typical Day/Week:
- Conduct site consultations with prospective clients.
- Create quality proposals based on client needs and in a timely manner.
- Continually inform and update client as to design progress or lack thereof.
- Work with clients on revisions based on availability issues on our end or preferences on their end and make appropriate changes to orders.
- Urge clients to commit with projects, collecting deposits.
- Translate designs into working drawings/documents for field personnel so they plan appropriately with proper tools, equipment and supplies that will allow them to complete the project in a safe and efficient manner.
- Actively communicate with Lead Designer/Educator and Operations Manager (who oversees the crews) for planning purposes so that projects are delivered to expectations.
- Partner and actively communicate with referred contractors when scope of work is outside our definition and geography.
- Conduct site visits and ensure project is installed as intended.
- Provide the marketing division with photos, stories and other points of interest on a weekly basis.
Qualifications and Skills:
The Planting Services Consultant must possess the following skill set and educational background.
- Able to calculate related quantities of bulk material and hardscape material requirements.
- Able to design quickly and efficiently.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, DOT and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy.
- Proficient in both oral and written communications.
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proficient in or able to learn CAD or similar software.
- Proficient in or able to learn Google Earth software.
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Possess a positive attitude and engage coworkers with respect.
- Multi-lingual or base Spanish or Portuguese a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Weston Nurseries does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state and local law.